Introduce yourself

my name is Thea, I'm 19, Norwegian, have listened to Maria's music all since she made her first appearance with "Another Phase" in 2002. been to three of her concerts (two in Norway, one in the Netherlands), but all of them were at festivals, so I hope I'll get the chance to see her doing a concert in a small venue this autumn.

as for my interests, I love reading books, writing, grammar and languages and psychology. I love Damien Rice, he is brilliant. in general, the music I listen to is in the singer/songwriter-genre (Damien Rice, Lisa Hannigan, Maria Mena, Marit Larsen, Ane Brun, PJ Harvey, Newton Faulkner, Fiona Apple, Thomas Dybdahl, Madrugada).

feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)

Matze wrote:

welcome, thea! nice to have you here. :)
      how expensive are concerts with Maria Mena in Norway?
      if you go to festivals, you pay 375 NOK + ticket fee. at the last concert maria did in oslo, you had to pay 200 NOK + ticket fee. so I'd say that it's everything between 200 and 300 NOK for a concert ticket in an indoors venue and 375 - 475 NOK for a festival ticket. I haven't seen any Norwegian live dates announced yet, so I don't know if the ticket prices are the same or if they will change.

frkeske wrote:

Matze wrote:

welcome, thea! nice to have you here. :) how expensive are concerts with Maria Mena in Norway?
      if you go to festivals, you pay 375 NOK + ticket fee. at the last concert maria did in oslo, you had to pay 200 NOK + ticket fee. so I'd say that it's everything between 200 and 300 NOK for a concert ticket in an indoors venue and 375 - 475 NOK for a festival ticket. I haven't seen any Norwegian live dates announced yet, so I don't know if the ticket prices are the same or if they will change.
      Thats like the ticket prizes in Germany. In Holland it´s cheaper i´ve heard. :( But it´s okay. But we hope it´s not getting much more expensive.
      Hello :) My name is Amanda, I'm from Stockholm and I discovered Maria and her music in 2014... made a huge difference in my life. I brocade and I'm planning on doing 10 projects based on Maria's songs. I've done Growing Pains, All the Love and Fuck You so far :) I like making cakes too, though no Maria Mena cakes so far :P
      Hi! I'm Viviane and I have been a fan since 2003. Listening to Maria Mena has helped me though so many life journeys.

​I'm a single mom, for hobbies I like to crochet, paint, create, write, and go for long walks. I dream of one day seeing her in concert, hopefully I will even get to travel to Norway to do it!
      I'm only me, but no one can be me any better than me. :love:
      Welcome to the forum, voussaye! Myself I hope Maria will schedule a couple of concerts in the USA as she has talked a bit about it last year. But if her plans fall through I hope you'll get the opportunity to travel to Norway to see her in concert!

ETA:

Here's the interview where Maria talks about planning a couple of concerts in the USA:

Post was edited 1 time, last by “frkeske” ().

Hi,

I am Latifa and I'm german.
      I am a fan since I first heard Marias Song "Just hold me" in 2009. I love her voice, but much more I love the lyrics AND the voice. I also got divorced and fought a lot of fights with myself during my personal healing process. Marias Songs helped and help me so often and so much... <3
      Hello, my name is Martin, i am 42 years old and from Germany. I discovered Maria Mena in 2007 when she had much success with "Just hold me". I do not only enjoy her music as entertainment, i also like her thoughts and lyrics about humanity, love and life. Her thoughts and somehow concerning helps for her fans is adorable. i saw her on her german club tour two times.. her first german gig in Osnabrück and her last german gig in Bremen... and i discovered a new artist, which was her support.. Valentina Mer.. Marias concerts were somehow a very beautiful therapy on topic Positive Thinking despite many negative experiences i suffered.. Also i like following artists: Björk, Dillon, Portishead, My Dying Bride, U2, etc. In the end of the 90´s i was deep into Heavy Metal music, which i sometimes enjoy as well today, artists like Tiamat, Paradise Lost, The Gathering, Type O Negative, Sepultura, Soulfly, Theatre Of Tragedy, Moonspell, Samael, etc... Have a nice Sunday... Martin
      Hi everyone, I'm Marit from the netherlands. I started listening to Maria a long time ago, around 2002. I've been to several concerts, but after Utrecht a few days ago I realised what her music has done for me. Also, LOVING her fashion style :)